Motto

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop what we are doing and devote our attention to eating."
~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken Salad ala Stef

I made the best chicken salad last night for a starter. There was so much salad - I thought there definately will be leftovers! The bowl was empty and we all wanted more!!!
What did I put in it?

  • Left over chicken shreds
  • Lettuce, sliced thinly
  • Olives (Calamata)
  • Lots of Feta
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Little blocks of Cucumber
  • About a table spoon of thinly sliced pickled ginger
  • Green/Red pepper -little blocks
  • Roasted Sesame seed
  • Baby corn sliced into pieces and fried in butter
  • Onions - Fresh or fried
  • Fresh basil leaves from my garden...mmmm

Two ingredients I did not have in stock:

  • Fresh coriander leaves
  • Toasted sliced almonds

And for the dressing? Ok! I'll tell you:

  • half olive oil, half avocado/sesame oil
  • little bit of balsamic vinegar
  • some of of the pickled ginger sauce...sweet
  • half a spoon of sugar
  • little bit o' salt
  • and big teaspoon full of crushed garlic...

Serve with fresh grounded black pepper!

Feel free to try this and tell me what you think!!!

No comments: